About Our School

Geddington Church of England Primary School is set in a rural situation at the heart of this historical village. The school was established in 1849, but our present building was added to the Victorian hall in 1986 and has had further extensions added since that date. It consists of:

  • a hall with safety flooring and wall mounted gymnastic apparatus
  • seven fully equipped modern classrooms
  • interactive whiteboards and data projectors in all classrooms
  • computer suite with 15 PCs and a data projector
  • a well stocked library
  • The Zone equipped with 6 computers, a quiet study area for group work and individual learning
  • refurbished toilet and cloakroom facilities for each teaching area
  • locker storage – Classes 3, 4 and 5
  • covered safety play area for the Reception Class
  • large tarmac playground, one area specially designed for younger children
  • a sports field with a football pitch in the winter and an athletics track in the summer
  • school garden (including Secret Garden and Wildlife Area)
  • CCTV controlled entry to main entrance
  • external security cameras and DVD recorder for out of hours surveillance
  • gated entry to playground and classrooms
  • easy access to St Mary Magdalene Church, Geddington and the centre of the village.

The Church plays an important part in the school life and is used regularly.